This weekend, I came to a very important realization. Ok, several. Here they are, in order:
1) Since moving to Virginia, my feeble claims that I am “just a social smoker!” are not even remotely plausible anymore. Back in the Shire, they might have been shaky. But now, they’re just plain bollocks. I mean, come on.
2) The problem definitely seems to start and end with the fact that SMOKING IS TOTALLY AWESOME.
This has, of course, led to the realization that I need to quit like, yesterday. Because:
1) That shiz is getting expensive.
2) They’re going to ban it anyway, starting this fall, I think.
3) I spend many Sundays having hacking contests with my cat. Except for the fact that she’s hacking up gobs of fur she’s meticulously collected from her butt area with her tongue, and I’m hacking up sputum tinged lung bits. And the fact that it is difficult to distinguish which of us is more disgusting is getting a little too disturbing. (Chloe: Hey, I’ll bet my butt fur is cleaner than your lungs, Smoky.)
4) No seriously, that shiz is getting expensive. What, is there a new tax on awesomeness that no one told me about?
Ok, so for the sake of sanity, I’m going to start the quitting process by eliminating all mid-week smoking. Friday and Saturday evenings are still on the table, but only if I am with people. I’ll see how this goes then see if I can’t try and cut them out altogether after a while. If I can get past, you know, my urge to be so impossibly cool.